The mission for the Commercial Account Manager is to help enable Beacon clients to obtain maximum benefit and service from their systems and solutions investment. This is a Denver Headquarters based position. This position is responsible for selling hardware & software leveraging the full Beacon Commercial Line Card. The Commercial Account Manager drives sales revenue by:
- Building and maintaining relationships with key players in their assigned customer accounts;
- Penetrating assigned customer accounts at both the corporate and facility level in the Commercial Market;
- Becoming a trusted advisor on Commercial A/V and Security offerings to meet the needs of their customer accounts;
- Maintaining an on-going account strategy for selling Beacon products and services to both named client accounts and New Logo accounts as assigned.
The Commercial Account Manager position is an extremely critical role in helping us realize our goal of providing our customers with an unequaled customer experience. Assigned both named customers and strategic target accounts, the Commercial Account Manager is responsible for achieving sales quota and assigned account objectives. The Account Manager has the unique challenge of understanding our customers’ needs and strategic goals to uncover how Beacon can best serve them in achieving their objectives. At the same time, the AM must act as an influencer, connector, and coordinator to make sure that we are pulling together the right Beacon team, at the right time, and delivering the right Beacon products and services in such a way that our customers come to trust us as a valued partner.
The successful Commercial Account Manager will enlist the support of implementation resources, IT resources, service resources, and other sales and management resources as needed. Closely coordinates company executive involvement with customer management. Works closely with Project Managers to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meeting and/or exceeding goals including, but not limited to, revenue, customer growth, and sales expenses
- Managing forecasts, pipelines, and predictability for revenue achievement
- Managing the entire sales life-cycle of transactions to ensure visibility into and predictability of the lead-to-close process
- Ensuring and enabling the highest levels of professionalism internally and externally
- Acting as the Beacon representative to maintain positive relationships with all employees, customers, partners, and shareholders
- Providing timely and positive resolution of escalated sales-related issues
- Communicating with key customers, business partners, and executives on significant issues and accomplishments
- Attend tradeshows, training, and meetings as needed.
- Maintaining accurate CRM forecasting
- Additional duties as needed
Required Skills & Experience
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution
- Strong PC proficiency
- 2+ years of prior sales experience is required in the role of Sales Account Executive
- Commercial A/V Industry experience is required
- 25-50% travel and a willingness to work a flexible schedule as required
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Desired Skills and Experience
- Prior experience selling commercial related software and services is highly desirable
- Proficiency in SalesForce.com
- Work environment will primarily be an office environment.
- Reports to the VP of Sales and Marketing or Commercial Sales Manager.
- Requires prolonged sitting, standing, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination for data input.
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Must maintain a clear background check in order to satisfy customer jobsite badging requirements.
- Must be willing to submit to all vaccinations and screening tests required for customer jobsite badging protocol.
- Maintain a clear drug, alcohol and MVR screening protocol
- 30-40% travel requirement, as needed.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or management to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written agreement.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Beacon Communications provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.