Audio Visual Technician
- Job Reference: 00000351-1
- Date Posted: 10 August 2017
- Recruiter: American Automation & Communications
- Location: Bowie, Maryland
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: AV, VC/UC & Networks, Retail & Consumer Products
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Provide custom residential electronic system installation to include high-end home theater, networking, custom audio/video, home automation, lighting and climate control, and camera and surveillance system with alarm integration.
This full-time position offers you growth potential as well as pay advancement with increased experience and a proven dedication to the company and its clients. Experience in residential and commercial low-voltage (audio/video and/or control system) installations, preferred.
A candidate with general knowledge in these areas will be preferred:
- The field of electronics, low-voltage wiring, wired/wireless networks, phone, security, and computer systems:
• Plan and perform wiring runs for rough-in
• Mark, make and terminate various cables in an organized, readable fashion
• Understand and setup audio/video devices (receivers, switchers, amplifiers, etc.)
• Access Control knowledge and programming experience.
• Basic knowledge of configuring devices (remotes, control processors, entertainment servers, etc.)
• Basic testing and troubleshooting skills with knowledge in use of electrical and diagnostic tools when needed
- Basic understanding of construction processes with ability to read and understand technical documents. Ability to take cohesive notes and diagram wiring infrastructure.
- Knowledge and adherence to Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards and protocols
Physically, this position requires wire planning, drilling, attic runs, drywall cutting, wire running and terminations, hanging televisions, installing audio/visual sources and rack equipment, and proper setup/wrap up of a project. This position will also require loading/unloading equipment, ongoing education, and general office errands