A Field Service Engineer is required to support the commercial and residential business by traveling to the customer job sites. As a Field Engineer you will be responsible for the planning, implementation and completion of lighting controls installations on client premises to the required specification and budgets. The role will work closely with the sales and technical teams and will involve client-facing responsibility for project managing installations. Additional responsibilities will be to work with the sales and technical teams to improve and develop the operational standards and processes of the business including IT infrastructure and technical support procedures. Key role responsibilities
- Deliver exemplary customer service to customers in the field.
- Become proficient in servicing, troubleshooting and repairing systems while following field service procedures.
- Coordinate with on-site contractors, lighting designers and facility managers to ensure proper system installation and handover.
- Sell Lutron’s service products, such as service contracts, and system upgrades
- Participate in Customer Education sessions
Based in London but with potential for travel to US, Europe and Middle East.
The candidate will have more than 2 years of technical installation experience, preferably but not necessarily with lighting systems. They will have technical qualifications and be proficient in configuring PC systems with applications software. An ability to work professionally with clients is essential, as is experience of project management from inception to completion.
The company technology, introduced as revolutionary lighting control software initially to markets seeking colour control, now delivers its unique attributes across a wide range of lighting applications that is pioneering commercial lighting control solutions for smart and connected lighting.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics or Computer Science (not essential)
- 3 - 5 years Electrical and construction site experience
- 3-5 year hands-on Lighting/AV commissioning experience
- Knowledge in lighting controls, building management systems or computer networking is required
- Strong problem solving/fault finding skills
- Ability to travel frequently (30%)
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision, self-motivated
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Valid Driver’s license