Information Technology Specialist
- Job Reference: 70634266-2
- Date Posted: 3 September 2018
- Location: Holtsville, New York
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: AV, VC/UC & Networks
- Job Type: Permanent
The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
WHAT DOES AN IT SPECIALIST GENERAL PROGRAMS DO? An Information Technology (IT) Specialist working general programs uses a wide variety of information, documentation, and regulations on the use of information technology resources, IRS data security guidelines, and IRS and Treasury guidance on acquisitions to address and/or adapt to specific problems or issues. As an IT Specialist, you will apply a series of different and unrelated processes and methods, decide what needs to be done based on analyses of the subjects and issues related to the assignment, and select the appropriate course of action from many acceptable alternatives. You will be challenged to independently identify and analyze important factors and conditions in order to recognize and apply an understanding of interrelationships among different IT functions and activities.
WHAT IS THE IRS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIVISION? The mission of IRS Information Technology is to provide leadership in the delivery of information technology solutions that anticipate and meet enterprise-wide needs by empowering employees to deliver customer-centered, value-creating systems, products, services, and support.
This is a roster announcement. The roster will be used to fill positions throughout the next 12 months. We are projecting 25 vacancies may be filled during the life of this roster. Contingent upon funding and space requirements, 25 or more vacancies may be filled in the individual PODs listed below as they become available in that location during the life of this roster.
Positions are located in Information Technology. Two-Hundread (200) vacancies to be filled in any of the following locations; Lanham MD, Austin TX, Farmers Branch TX, Detroit MI, Ogden UT, Memphis TN, Kearneysvill WV, Chamblee GA, Washington DC, Fresno CA, Philadelphia PA, Brookhaven NY, Kansas City MO, Atlanta Ga, Covington KY, Charlotte NC .
Learn more about this agency
As an Information Technology Specialist (General Program) you will:
* Support implementation and maintenance of network and system services; monitor network and system performance; and troubleshoot problems as they arise.
* Conduct integrated analysis of multiple audit logs (e.g. firewall, Web server).
* Participate in design, development, acceptance testing, and implementation of software programs and/or computer equipment. Develop flow diagrams and/or pseudo-code.
* Test and debug programs according to detailed requirements. Install, test, and configure network workstations and peripherals; and instruct customers in logging on and accessing network services.
* Maintain database operations, assist in returning disrupted database systems to normal operations; and create reports and manipulate data in response to customer requirements.
* Prepare and maintain documentation outlining equipment operations and preventative maintenance.
* Analyze complete documentation on the up time and reliability of systems to provide necessary information for contract enforcement.
* Provide advice and assistance concerning computer software and/or equipment specifications for the utilization and acquisition, resolve issues involving conflicting requirements.
* Assist and/or lead local projects, prepare and present findings, or recommend action involving the analysis of complex problems related to equipment and/or software utilization and acquisition
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at ww.jobs.irs.gov IRSITJobs
Occasional travel - 1 TO 5 NIGHTS PER MONTH
Who May ApplyThis job is open to…US Citizens and Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required.