IT Specialist (Network Services) *Amendment*
- Job Reference: 70634460-2
- Date Posted: 3 September 2018
- Location: Washington, Washington DC
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: AV, VC/UC & Networks
- Job Type: Permanent
The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
WHAT DOES AN IT SPECIALIST (Network Services) DO? As an Information Technology Specialist (Network Services) you will be involved in the implementation, evaluation, and/or dissemination of IRS IT network components, tools, and procedures. In this position you will come across complex issues in the planning, analysis, design development, testing, quality assurance, installation, implementation, maintenance, and/or management of networked systems used for the transmission of information in voice, data, and/or video formats. The solutions of problems and issues have application outside the organization, and are adaptable to many customers or IRS sites.
WHAT IS THE IRS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIVISION? The mission of IRS Information Technology is to provide leadership in the delivery of information technology solutions that anticipate and meet enterprise-wide needs by empowering employees to deliver customer-centered, value-creating systems, products, services, and support.
* THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS BEING AMENDED TO CORRECT GRADE 13 ADDITIONAL SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT.*
Learn more about this agency
As a Information Technology Specialist (Network Services) you will:
* Lead the local implementation of national projects to provide network services that support business requirements.
* Plan, design, develop, and integrate network systems consistent with existing or planned network infrastructures.
* Lead projects to develop requirements for the acquisition of network hardware, software, and services.
* Serve as a network administrator on a large local system, including responsibility for: configuring hubs, switches, and routers; monitoring network performance and performing network diagnostics.
* Analyze network traffic patterns and install network software fixes and upgrades.
* Develop and implement configuration management plans on a significant local project for complex LANs and WANs.Create network maps, and troubleshoot network problems (e.g., outages).
* Design connectivity between remote sites on a significant local project.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at
Occasional travel - Travel May Be Required 1-5 days/nights per month.
Who May ApplyThis job is open to…- US Citizens and Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required.