Experienced AV Technician - New York
We are seeking an experienced AV technician who will lead a team to complete installations on time and in budget. The qualified candidate will be responsible for training, mentoring & motivating a team of technicians.
We are an Audio Visual Company that is quickly growing. This position involves some travel, and always home for the weekends. All of the travel arraignments are handled by our office with zero out of pocket expenses.
We are looking for candidates that are willing to learn a trade that will provide a lifetime of earning. We will train, mentor & motivate the right individuals. We are a highly motivated team that takes great pride in our work. Come be part of a winning team!
The right individuals will provide support in all aspects of day to day operations, and is not afraid to take initiative. Besides having a strong education, and impeccable driving records, the successful candidate will need to be an enthusiastic and goal oriented professional with strong work ethic and organizational skills and be passionate to discover and learn about new technologies.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication, analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Work effectively across cross-functional lines, in coordination with others involved in technical services
- Manage projects, including setting objectives, and observing deadlines.
- Outstanding people skills, High ethical standards and work ethic, and solid communications skills.
- Must be able to present technical and non-technical information clearly and in a compelling manner.
- Candidates must have prior experience completing technical installation of audiovisual systems, including equipment rack fabrication, site preparation, termination and calibration of audio and video equipment, and implementation
- Candidates must be proficient in troubleshooting products such as Crestron and AMX
- Candidates must be proficient in troubleshooting audio mixers & DSP's.
- Driving the corporate vehicle & rental vehicle as needed
- The ability to lift 50 lbs
- Infocomm CTS or CTS-I highly desired.
- Technical knowledge of following required: Audiovisual Equipment, Videoconferencing Endpoints, Network Equipment, Network Services, Hardware & Software.
- Cisco, Tandberg or Polycom certifications helpful
- Must be knowledgeable in the use and integration of AV equipment, as well as in the installation of said equipment.
- Knowledge of IP Networking, including routing protocols and VoIP, SIP, H.323, videoconferencing applications
- IP, Cisco IOS, switching and routing protocols
- Design experience with emerging technologies, such as VOIP
- Experience with messaging and videoconferencing systems
- Usual PC proficiency – Win 98, MacOS, Win2000/NT, UNIX/Linux, MS Office).
- Knowledge of some of the following manufacturers' equipment strongly preferred: Polycom, cisco, Tandberg, LifeSize, AMX, Crestron, ClearOne, Biamp, Extron, Barco, Christie Digital
Our company benefits include:
• Competitive salary to commensurate with experience
• Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401k
• Casual work environment
• Great team atmosphere where training is continuously offered and encouraged
• Positions with tremendous growth opportunities