A French speaking Project Engineer is required to project manage installations with a lighting controls software. As a Field Engineer you will be responsible for the planning, implementation and completion of lighting controls installations on client premises to the required specification and budgets. The role will work closely with the sales and technical teams and will involve client-facing responsibility for project managing installations. Additional responsibilities will be to work with the sales and technical teams to improve and develop the operational standards and processes of the business including IT infrastructure and technical support procedures. Key role responsibilities
- End-to-end project management of client installations.
- Define project specifications and project plans in conjunction with the sales team, any 3rd parties involved e.g. lighting suppliers, and the client.
- Delivery of installations projects to agreed specifications, budgets and timelines.
- To assist sales and commercial teams with business and process improvement in technical and installation operations.
- To identify and propose a fit-for-purpose technical support policy and system for all client installations.
- To contribute to the software development roadmap with any requirements identified during project work or generally from the market.
Working alongside the commercial and technical teams. London based but with potential for travel to US, Europe and Middle East. The Candidate
The candidate will have more than 2 years of technical installation experience, preferably but not necessarily with lighting systems. They will have technical qualifications and be proficient in configuring PC systems with applications software. An ability to work professionally with clients is essential, as is experience of project management from inception to completion.
The company technology, introduced as revolutionary lighting control software initially to markets seeking colour control, now delivers its unique attributes across a wide range of lighting applications that is pioneering commercial lighting control solutions for smart and connected lighting.
- Minimum 2-year degree in electrical engineering or electronics
- Experience of troubleshooting problems via phone and email required
- Hands-on: this role requires being able to wire test demos as well as trouble shoot issues in the field
- Excellent customer service skills: successful candidates must have a track record of managing high customer expectations and delivering results under time pressure
- Knowledge of lighting controls, networks and/or AV equipment a plus
- Ability to work in a team and interface with other departments
- Fluency in English and the French languages is essential.